April 5 - April 12, 2020
Due to privacy concerns, the prayer lists are not printed here.
The church office is currently closed. Mary is working from home and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the church office and leave a message; she will check messages remotely several times a day.
Cancelled - At the urging of our bishop and in compliance with the CDC’s recommendation to limit public gatherings to under 10 people, all worship services, church activities and meetings are cancelled through at least May 1. This will have to be re-evaluated when that day approaches and whether we are able to worship together after that depends on the directives from our government at the time.
To maintain a worship connection in the midst of our physical distancing from one another we are providing you with some tools. Each Sunday at 10:30 am, you can access a pre-recorded video where Pastor Alan will lead you through the worship service, including the sermon. Go to YouTube and search Emmanuel Lutheran Church Salem Ohio. You can access a bulletin from Emmanuel’s website www.elutheransalem.com, print it out or “split screen” and follow along. If you have a hymnal at home, you can look up the hymns and pray through the verses. Use your Bible to read the scripture. Click “subscribe” and you will receive notifications when something is posted. Click on this week’s worship and follow along at home. It’s that simple.
Other items of note:
- We will finish our Eat and Learn series with one final session at a later date.
- No home communions will be taken until it is safe to resume this important service.
- No church activities should be held until further notice.
- To avoid compromising anyone’s health including myself, pastoral visits will be restricted to emergency visits only, but certainly pastoral care can and will be given over the phone during this time.
- Funerals will be restricted to immediate family only (under 10 rule). No calling hours and no luncheons. A public celebration of life service and luncheon will be offered at a later date.
- Confirmation has been moved to June 7th.
- First Communion will take place after we are able to worship together once again.
- Easter flowers will still arrive, and if we aren’t able to worship on Easter, the flowers you ordered may be picked up at the church. Instructions on this will come later if necessary.
Contact Information - We like to keep our files current. Please call or email the church office with any changes in your contact information.
Your monthly Benevolence envelope supports the following ministries:
♦ Mission Support ♦ The Banquet of Salem ♦ Camp Frederick ♦ Brightside Project ♦ The Salem Community Food Pantry ♦ Mobile Meals ♦ The Tobin Center ♦ The Salem Salvation Army ♦ Wernle Youth and Family Treatment Center ♦ World Hunger.
Please consider making an additional contribution each month in support of these important local and churchwide ministries. Camp Frederick is the featured Faith Budget Organization for April.
This Week at Emmanuel Lutheran Church
April 5 to April 12, 2020